Physical Literacy for You (PL4U) is a network of organizations dedicated to the promotion of physical literacy in North Vancouver.
To increase the number of North Vancouver residents who have the physical literacy skills to enable them to lead an active, healthy life.
To raise awareness of the importance of physical literacy in North Vancouver by working with a variety of sectors including education, recreation, health and sport to create a community charter and implement action oriented initiatives.
(1) To increase the awareness of physical literacy and its benefits within the community of North Vancouver
(2) To increase collaboration between organizations to increase our impact in the community
(3) To support organizations, through education, to adopt physical literacy.
- North Shore Girls Soccer
- North Vancouver District Parent Advisory Committee
- North Vancouver Recreation & Culture
- North Vancouver Sport Council
- North Vancouver School District
- School of Human Kinetics, Capilano University
- Squamish Nation
- Vancouver Coastal Health
- West Vancouver Feild Hockey Club
- PLAY West Vancouver - Bowen Island (Physical Literacy And You)
North Vancouver Recreation & Culture is pleased to receive 2018 funding from an Active Communities Grant in partnership with Vancouver Coastal Health. We acknowlege the support of the Physical Activity Strategy via the Province of British Columbia and the BC Alliance for Healthy Living.
North Vancouver Recreation & Culture is a proud 2016 recipient of an RBC Learn To Play grant. The RBC Learn to Play Project provides grants to local organizations and community groups that are building the physical literacy of Canada’s kids and youth.
Delivered by: ParticipACTION